If you know me, you know I love to eat and try new things. I especially love to try new frozen treats! It’s one of my favorite things about summer. It’s not officially summer, yet. However, over the last week we have had several days of temps in the 90s. I thought I would share some of my favorite frozen treats to enjoy in the Summer.
1. Coconut Frozen pops by Helados Mexico.
These things are so, so good. They have real pieces of coconut and are really creamy. They don’t have a lot of nasty weird ingredients in them either. (Well other than corn syrup and stablilizers). Here in Dodge City we can only find them at Walmart. During the summer season they can hardly keep them on the shelf. We try to stock up – IF we can find them. Most of the time we can only find them about 50% of the time. They have other flavors like Strawberry, Rum Raisin,Pineapple, etc. I hear they are also good.
2. In my opinion, Breyers always gets it right and they definitely got it right with their Grasshopper Pie Ice Cream. How can you go wrong with ice cream, mint, and cookie pieces? This is one of my new favorites. However, it may now be banned from our house. Sorry, I looked and looked and couldn’t find a picture. I would have taken a picture of ours, but we ate it already. hehe.
3. Like chocolate and lots of it? Are you also a brownie fan? You’ve gotta try Breyer’s Chocolate Caramel Brownie Ice Cream Sandwiches. They are so, so good and only 160 calories a piece.
I have also heard the rest of their new Bars and Sandwiches are also tasty. I haven’t had a chance to try them, yet.
4. Skinny cow… need I say more?!!! I was so excited that I could find their ice cream sandwiches in SW Kansas and even more excited I could get so many varieties here in Dodge City!
Over the last few years, I have been lucky enough to try the Mint, Strawberry Shortcake, Vanilla, and Vanilla Chocolate Combo. The Cookies ‘N Cream and Chocolate Peanut Butter also look good. Unfortunately, I haven’t found the Chocolate Peanut Butter here.
I have also heard their single serve cups are to die for! I haven’t tried them, yet. The best thing about them is the whole cup are a serving and are 150-170 calories a piece. Be still my heart!
Their skinny dippers and other bars are also tasty, but some of them have artificial sweeteners in them. Artificial sweeteners and I don’t get along well.
5. Edy’s Fruit Bars. These are so delicious and refreshing. I have tried Strawberry, Creamy Coconut, and Lime. The Creamy Coconut are almost as good as the Coconut bars I mentioned first, but not as quite.